Old 04-11-2012, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Foragers Hedgerow Mix

"David Hill" wrote in message ...

The guy in my homebrew shop, showed an interest in them, but he only
wanted a couple for his garden. So I took a dozen cuttings in July,
popped them in my coldframe, but so far only 4 have survived. Come
Spring, will any be alive? I have my doubts. Maybe July is too early for
cuttings or (more likely) the golden leaved variety, is a touch more
finicky the native Sambucus nigra.

/
/I'd take cuttings now and leave them outside to root, or take some in
/the late spring and keep them covered.

Thanks Dave, I'll give that a whorl.