Old 04-11-2012, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Whoops, moister retaining crystal error

Broadback wrote in news:k75i3n$hfe$1@dont-
email.me:

I have just planted out into containers some strawberry plants. Due to
stupidity I have put far, far too much into the compost. Will the
strawberry plant be OK, or do I need to re-pot them?

To be safe I would re-pot them. A wet winter and what is left of autumn
could rot the roots.
I wonder also if it would be OK for you to put your containers very close
to a south facing wall. A south facing wall does not get too much rain and
they would get the benefit of radiated heat from the wall.

Best wishes
Baz