Old 23-04-2003, 09:32 PM
JayPomp

Default Advice on Sears lawn tractor

Good for you...that feedback was crap anyways.

Going on my 4th year with the same one you got with the hydrostat
trans being the only difference. I love the damn thing and it's a good
quality tractor. Don't listen to anyone. I made my decision based on
Consumer Reports. They're online and it's only like ten bucks to join
and there is a WHOLE SECTION on tractors and Craftsman models are
right up there with ALLLLLL the others with complete reviews, pros,
cons, etc.

TWENTY HORSE POWER bogging down?!?! What are you trying to cut
cement?!?! Dude in the fall I have pounds and pounds of leaves
everywhere...I use the mulch kit and turn EVERYTHING into DUST!

Bagger hard to use? Cmon you've got to be kidding me. The bagger is
simple...pick it up, slide it on, put the pin in. It's not rocket
science...My bagger has NOT clogged yet either!

OVERHEAT a fully pressurized V-Twin oil system? What are you trying to
do? Tow your house??? A fully pressurized oil system WITH a fan will
NOT overheat.

You must be nuts.

Congratulations on your new tractor. You'll have YEARS of satisfaction
with it...definitely more than 10. I use mine from April right up to
December. From cutting grass to mulching leaves to hauling loads of
stuff with the dumpcart, and the aerator attactment.

"Mike" wrote in message ...
I ended up purchasing the sears tractor, they just delivered it today.. I
know the feedback was not all that great about sears products, but I was
just too tempted for the price and also I feel for what I need it for will
be light work for the tractor so hoping it will last about 10 years...

I greatly appreciate everyone's feedback, it was a big help, also I
accidentally posted to alt.autos.pontiac by mistake and I still got some
good feedback there too!

Thanks very much to everyone that resounded!

Mike

"Mike" wrote in message
I am about to purchase a brand new Sears lawn tractor, Craftsman 20HP with

42" mower deck for $1200.00 (US) It is a Briggs and Stratton twin

cylinder
overhead valve engine. I have just less then 1 acre of land, I know this

is
much more then I need but sounds like a great deal.

Just wondering if anyone may have good or bad experience with Sears

tractors
or the same engine. It is a 6 speed transmission. Sears is having a
special for $1200.00.

Any feedback on this tractor or even any other Sears Lawn tractors would

be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike