Old 05-11-2012, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Speak of the devil....

I ordered 10 Malling Jewel raspberry plants over the 'phone for £10 from
Parkers in August knowing they would be shipped to me in Nov. The package
which was delivered today consisted of 1(one) plant. I looked in my bank
and saw £3.99 was taken. I rang Parkers straight away and was told that I
had only ordered 1(one) plant! Of course Parkers do not sell single plants.
I ordered, as always with the catalog number and asked for one unit, in
this case 10, not 1/10th of a unit. They would surely not sell 1/10th of a
unit. A unit is a unit. One item as the catalog says.
I asked where they got the figure of £3.99 and they said that that is what
they would sell a single plant for! I said but you don't sell single plants
and the answer I got was yes, but if we did it would be £3.99. Obvious
innit.
Well perhaps a happy solution is that the full package will be delivered
19Nov. No charge and my £3.99 refunded. I had to request frequently to
speak to management to get to the bottom of this. All I want is my plants
not refunds and excuses.
Snag is that I will be an hollidays 16nov-12Dec thats why I wanted them
before that date. I will be on callout duties over the Christmas holls.
They are barerooted so we will see.

Baz