Old 05-11-2012, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Speak of the devil....

I ordered 10 Malling Jewel raspberry plants over the 'phone for £10 from
Parkers in August knowing they would be shipped to me in Nov. The package
which was delivered today consisted of 1(one) plant. I looked in my bank
and saw £3.99 was taken. I rang Parkers straight away and was told that I
had only ordered 1(one) plant! Of course Parkers do not sell single plants.
I ordered, as always with the catalog number and asked for one unit, in
this case 10, not 1/10th of a unit. They would surely not sell 1/10th of a
unit. A unit is a unit. One item as the catalog says.
I asked where they got the figure of £3.99 and they said that that is what
they would sell a single plant for! I said but you don't sell single plants
and the answer I got was yes, but if we did it would be £3.99. Obvious
innit.
Well perhaps a happy solution is that the full package will be delivered
19Nov. No charge and my £3.99 refunded. I had to request frequently to
speak to management to get to the bottom of this. All I want is my plants
not refunds and excuses.
Snag is that I will be an hollidays 16nov-12Dec thats why I wanted them
before that date. I will be on callout duties over the Christmas holls.
They are barerooted so we will see.

Baz
Old 05-11-2012, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Baz
writes
Well perhaps a happy solution is that the full package will be delivered
19Nov.

Baz, if you are reading from the trade catalogue (anyone can request
one) the prices are really good but they price for say 100 bulbs and 10
bulbs, you just order how many you want but at the nearest rate. So for
example if you wanted 50 tulips you would use the up to 50 price and for
100 tulips you would use the 100 rate

Well i think i have said what I mean .
Think it says somewhere that lower numbers are priced at 'such and
such '
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 05-11-2012, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Tweedy wrote in
:

In article , Baz
writes
Well perhaps a happy solution is that the full package will be delivered
19Nov.

Baz, if you are reading from the trade catalogue (anyone can request
one) the prices are really good but they price for say 100 bulbs and 10
bulbs, you just order how many you want but at the nearest rate. So for
example if you wanted 50 tulips you would use the up to 50 price and for
100 tulips you would use the 100 rate

Well i think i have said what I mean .
Think it says somewhere that lower numbers are priced at 'such and
such '

Thankyou, Janet
This is not the case though. An item number in their catalog means 10 of 10
of their plants for £10, not 1(one) for £3.99.
If I ordered just one plant, their computer ought to kick that order and
choke. They don't sell single plants. Honest!
I understand what you mean though about trade and bulk buyers.
The reason I posted was because some have said Parkers can be unreliable,
and I replied that after 4 years I have never had a problem, hence my
todays post Speak of the devil when they have been (unreliable)

Baz
Old 05-11-2012, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Baz
writes
Thankyou, Janet
This is not the case though. An item number in their catalog means 10 of 10
of their plants for £10, not 1(one) for £3.99.
If I ordered just one plant, their computer ought to kick that order and
choke. They don't sell single plants. Honest!

Maybe we are in different catalogue Baz? Though it may be true of the
shrubs and i see your point, I was fairly sure it is the case with the
bulbs as I used to think i had to order 50 of the same until someone
enlightened me

I thought I had ordered an individual shrub from them in the past but
probably mistaken.

Janet

still at least they resolved the order for you !
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 05-11-2012, 05:48 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

The on-line shop supports Baz's interpretation - says clearly "pack of 10"
Raspberry Malling Jewel - J Parker Dutch Bulbs

They've only partially resolved it, though! - a full resolution would include a delivery on a date to suit him. For bare rooted plants, waiting around for a fortnight is not going to do them any good at all.