Old 06-11-2012, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rhodochiton atrosanguineus

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
Could I get Rhodochiton atrosanguineus through the winter in a cold
greenhouse if I put it on the shelf over the staging with sand and heating
cables?

Several have grown quite well this year from seed (for once) and I
wondered just how much cold it could take.
--
Janet Tweedy

Generally the seedlings overwinter much better than bigger plants, cold is
not a problem so long as its dry cold, so Botrytis is a bigger threat than
frost

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs