Old 07-11-2012, 02:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default Rhodochiton atrosanguineus

In article , David Hill
writes
wondered just how much cold it could take.

If you have horticultural fleece then drape that over, it will hold the
warmth from the cables in around the plants

Thanks to Charlie and Sacha as well but I will try then to get them
through. Could cut them back so that there's less foliage to catch the
damp.
If I drape fleece over won't that hold in any moisture?

I really should get a proper my deep staging but I have most of my
cuttings actually in the sand (I find just shoved in works well for
most stuff|) Don't want to get the tops too warm. I find a warm root and
a cooler top seems to get the cuttings through winter better. It is only
warmed to just about 55 - 58f
--
Janet Tweedy