Old 23-04-2003, 09:58 PM
Natalie

Default Composting Leaves

" I had a peek in one of the bags, the few holes haven't made much
difference by the looks of it - the leaves have effectively blocked
them up.
I also have a heap of leaves enclosed in a chickenwire cage - both the
bags and the heap have been standing over a year now, and the bagged
leaves are in a far more advanced state of decomposition.

Regards,

Autumn/Winter 2001 some children, at the school I work, collected leaves
from the park next door the school. These were stored in black plastic bags
with holes cut in them.

In February this year we checked the bags and discovered that not much had
happened to the leaves so we moved them to the compost bins where,
hopefully, they are rotting away amongst the half eaten fruit (our school is
part of the National Fruit Scheme), shredded garden prunings and shredded
paper.

Natalie