Old 11-11-2012, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Cordless electric mower advice.

On 11/11/2012 18:57, RiversideRed wrote:
Hi, has anyone had experience of battery powered rotary mowers.
My father inlaw wants to stay independent and has trouble starting
conventional petrol mowers,
His lawn is around 20mtrs by 10mtrs and not fast growing he prefers just
to top it weekly.
One option would an electric start petrol mower but the price would be
out of reach.
Any advice welcome.

Have you thought of a push mower?
I know it sounds a bit mad, but have a look at a Husqvarna 64 16-Inch
Push Reel Lawn Mower
I tried one of these a few years ago and I could push it through 3 inch
grass one handed.
Many years ago I had an elderly neighbour who used an old push mower on
his lawn, He cut it almost every day, no box on it, but with so little
growth between cuts it was an easy job and no clippings to get rid of.
The only experience I have had of a battery mower was years ago, it was
heavy, didn't last long between charges and was a waste of time.
David @ the soggy end of Swansea bay.