Old 12-11-2012, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Harvestman

Jeff Layman wrote in
:

On 11/11/2012 17:52, David Hill wrote:
I didn't know if anyone else heard "The Living World" this morning on
Radio 4 6.35am.
It was about Harvestman (Harvestman spiders) although arachnids they
are not spiders, a fascinating prog. I had never realised they were
different. This explains a lot about them
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opiliones
David @ the soggy end of Swansea Bay

Yes, a fascinating programme. The enthusiast didn't come across at
all geek-like, or even "a true British eccentric". He was just
interested in harvestmen (is that the correct plural?), and that came
across in what he had to say.

Your question, is that the correct plural? I don't know.
If you asked for 2 Ploughmans lunches, should you be asking for a Plougmens
lunch? Meaning more than one.That is the sort of thing that trips me up all
the time.

Baz