Old 15-11-2012, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Harvestman

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:23:40 +0000, usenet2012 wrote:

Try http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nsz7b

Ta but that's listen again not a podcast.

You could record the stream while you're doing something else on the
PC and save it as an mp3 file.

The occasional times I've tried to do that some pesky DRM has got in
the way or the supposed software to grab the stream to a file hasn't
worked.

Oh.

Quite. B-)

I've never had a problem using NCH WavePad Sound Editor 'Basic Free
Edition' to record from BBC listen again. Probably as it's working at
the analogue level.

I grabbed Audacity, then had to battle with windows to unhide and enable
the "stereo mix". Then battled with the brain dead "mixer" in windows
that won't allow you to have a source higher than the speaker level. And
of course you get windows boings unless you turn them down or don't use
the machine. It's real time as well... Audacity needs LAME to save to
MP3. I'm getting there but it's slow and painful.

Might have a look at Wavepad Free as that looks to support MP3 natively.

Quality of such recordings is not particularly important for me.

The cascaded lossy algorithms worries me but will I notice in the car?

--
Cheers
Dave.