Old 17-11-2012, 10:26 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Washing Line Hole Blocked.

Bob F wrote:
hogg wrote:
Hi,

We have a rotary washing line in the middle of our lawn. The support
hole in the ground is lined with a piece of scaffolding tube, the
tube from the rotary washing line slips inside that.

Over time, bits of soil, grass clippings etc have dropped down the
scaffolding tube, filling it up, so much so that the washing line
pole hardly fits in any more.

As the scaffolding tube piece is buried in the soil below grass
level, how do I get the soil out of the middle of the tube without
digging the lawn up?

Wash it out with a hose.

Or use a shop vac.