Old 18-11-2012, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default Ping Christina Websell

In article , Spider
writes
Hello Christina,

I've just seen you mention your berry tree on the birdwatching group,
and still hope to identify it.

Have a google on Crataegus crus-galli inermis, the Thornless Cockspur
Hawthorn. It is the nearest thing I've seen so far. Fingers crossed.

Fantastic tree, I managed to source one about 5 years ago and the leaves
are nothing like the ordinary hawthorn, the autumn colours are really
rich and the berries (and thorns!) are about 8 times the size of the
ordinary crategus.

Having bought mine three of my friends were impressed enough to get one
as well
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph