Old 19-11-2012, 01:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default over wintering Argyranthemum

In article
,
Dave Poole writes
I was going to add that 'Jamaica Sunset' can be just a tad trickier to
overwinter than most of the whites and pinks so if Janet is managing
with that, the others will pose no problems.

I find that one really easy David, no problem, I do tend to put the most
tender stuff in the middle of the greenhouse away from the glass but
even so have easily overwintered a moderately large plant and several
rooted cuttings.

If it gets really cold I'll sit them on the shelf above the propagating
bench which just has sand and heating cables in it.
I find keeping the tops of plants too warm in winter leads to mould
and rot. Most - like salvias, seem to like warm feet and cool tops
--
Janet Tweedy