Old 20-11-2012, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping Christina Websell

"Spider" wrote in message
On 18/11/2012 21:58, Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
Hello Christina,

I've just seen you mention your berry tree on the birdwatching group,
and
still hope to identify it.

Have a google on Crataegus crus-galli inermis, the Thornless Cockspur
Hawthorn. It is the nearest thing I've seen so far. Fingers crossed.

--

It's very near although it doesnt spread like that. Other than that,
the

Is there any sign that it's had its crown raised?

No, absolutely not. Mine does not have thorns eother.

I have a very similar
tree with a low, spreading crown and I had to remove the lower branches to
make it safe to mow the lawn. It is still lovely, but less dangerous