Old 20-11-2012, 09:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default Total Newbie Needs Help

On 11/20/2012 10:09 AM, Paul Haslam wrote:
Hi Guys.
So...I've never had a lawn before and the one I've just bought (worry
not, there was a house attached) is a mess - even I know that.
A firm is laying a new drive and have quoted me for laying fresh turf as
well.
Now...this is how naive I am....
Is laying turf in November a good idea ? I take it for granted that a
job like that should be done in the spring.

It depends on where you are located. The farther north you are, the
farther into winter the season has progressed.