Old 24-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Chip Stein

Default Fixing tiller

Hi, I have an old tiller that won't start. There is no spark, what could
be wrong with it? My dad took the coil out a couple years ago and was
going to test it but never got around to it. How would I test the coil
or should I just buy a new one?

haven't seen a dynamark in a while. MTD owns them now. that old 5
hp was a workhorse. put a magnetron coil on it and be done with it.
i wouldn't be shocked if the tank was rusty on the inside and it
needs carb. work though.

if you want to test the coil get an ohm-meter, should have low
resistance on the primary and higher on the secondary.
Chip