Old 29-11-2012, 01:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default Poorly plants... :(

"solar flick" wrote in message

I had several varieties of tomatoes that were all growing really well,
until I went on holiday, and decided to bring some seaweed and seashells
back with me.

I applied them to the garden thinking they would make great fertilizer,
but several days later, the lower leaves started going speckly, and
crispy.

I'm not 100% sure it was the seaweed tea/crushed seashells, but there's
no other explanation (other than virus or disease).

Can anyone identify the issue, and please tell me if it's terminal, or
can the plants recover?

I notice you are in the UK. From the way you've worded your query it sounds
like these tomatoes are ones you are growing right now. If so, it's not
the season fro growing tomatoes so dont' even try. Dump them and stop
wondering. Try again next summer.