Old 08-12-2012, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Inspired neglect?

Hardly sems worth picking them to give token garnish on half a round :-)
Think I may just plant them up next year and see if they bolt immediately.

If it's worth saying it, my leeks were the same this year. I started them in
trays, planted them out. They did not do well. They didn't bolt, they
didn't grow either.
My spinach bolted almost as soon as it came up.
Beans, runner and french were spectacular.

Leeks are Biennial make their growth in the first year, run to seed the
second year.