Old 12-12-2012, 11:34 PM
FilGee FilGee is offline
Registered User

Thanks for the replies.
Neither plant had been watered in a couple of weeks because i forgot to water them the soil was bone dry when i put a couple of pints of water in it the other day and as it's Winter here it doesn't get much light at the moment. I looked over at it the day i posted this thread and that bloom was sticking out the top of it seemingly appeared from nowhere. On inspection I couldn't believe that it'd never done this before and it's literally Sticky with Nectar. In the closeup picture of the bloom those droplets you can see are not water that's sticky sugary sweet nectar. I get a lot of Sun through that window in the Summer months almost all day the suns coming through the window. The bend near the base of it it and the chopped off lower leaves are the result of my 2 year old son attacking it playing diggers in the pot

I've been Curious for a while as to what my rescued cutting could be & now that it's attempting to flower and the amount of Nectar dripping off of it and in Winter I'm really curious. If flowers do develop I'll post a picture.
For now i'll search for those plant names mentioned and post back my thoughts. Again thanks so much everyone for taking the time to offer some answer's