Old 14-12-2012, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_6_] Baz[_6_] is offline

Default Very sad. Sir Patrick Moore.

Derek Turner wrote in news:aiu9ghF3enfU3
@mid.individual.net:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:11:09 +0000, Baz wrote:

You could be right thinking this is a bit off topic. I don't think so.
This Gent.....

Baz

A man dies in his nineties after a long, fulfilling and (by all outward
appearances) happy life and that's 'very sad'? The only sadness was that
his fiancee was killed in the war and he was a 'one woman man' and so
never married.

Well, I find it very sad when someone dies at any age. Expected or not, its
so bloody sad.
His fiancee was killed, I would hardly think his life was fulfilling after
that!
He kept his private life separate from his scientific life, at least from
the media.
He was a Gentleman, a true gent. We are going to miss him with all his
scientific and musical talents.

Baz