Old 14-12-2012, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Very sad. Sir Patrick Moore.

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 12:21:37 GMT, Baz wrote:

"john stone" wrote in
:

i like the story when he was giving a public lecture, walked backwards
and fell off the stage.

The talk continued from nowhere, without any pause; and just
contnued all the time he was getting back on the stage.

Thats because he was the origional MotorMouth. Nothing and no-one could
stop him during full swing. He would take it in his stride and keep on
talking. Now if thats not enthusiasm I dont know what is.

Sir Patrick and Brian May (Queen) published a book on the universe
which I had as a talking book, so no pictures, no publishing details
etc, but very interesting. I wonder what proportion of the book each
contributed. Brian May has a PHD so not just a good jmusician!

Pam in Bristol