Old 24-04-2003, 05:56 AM
SteveG

Default white film

I bought a couple of female black mollies for my tank, they did the job
really well of clearing the surface scum. I just find them to be less
aggressive than the males. The males I've observed seem to try to breed
with any elongated fish in the tank. The females did release a few babies
into the tank but none of the babies survived (the tank is heavily planted)

"LeighMo" wrote in message
Black mollies clear it! I bought 4, and they cleared my 6ft tank in
about 5 mins. They just go to the surface and pump. Make sure you only
get females unless you want hundreds of em.

You can still end up with hundreds of them, even if you only get females.
Chances are, they're already pregnant when you buy them. And they can

have
several litters from a single mating.

Only get males, then you'll be safe.

Leigh