Old 25-12-2012, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default OT Phone problems on Xmas day.

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 25/12/2012 21:06, 'Mike' wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message
Had no problems with internet today, but I am unable to make and
receive phone calls.
This morning I wasn't even getting a dialling tone, but get that now,
also had the phone ring but still ringing when I picked it up, anyone
else had problems today?
David @ the damp end of Swansea bay.

Sounds like a handset problem from here. Have you tried another phone in
any other sockets?

Mike

Thats the first thing, and unpluged all then tried 1 at a time, and did
all the other tests a 5 year old would know about.

Sorry I can't help further. It's rather a long time since I was teaching
Telephone Engineers the 700 and the HES 4 Telephone Systems and all of your
faults point to a mechanical fault on the switch hooks when you pick the
handset up.

Take the top/side/bottom off a phone now and I haven't a clue.

I guess it must be an exchange fault :-(

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Mike