Old 25-12-2012, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default OT Phone problems on Xmas day.

"David Hill" wrote in message
Had no problems with internet today, but I am unable to make and receive
phone calls.
This morning I wasn't even getting a dialling tone, but get that now, also
had the phone ring but still ringing when I picked it up, anyone else had
problems today?
David @ the damp end of Swansea bay.

David your fault has got me 'fascinated'. If it comes back on and you don't
get dialing tone, can you call you from a mobile? I think you may find you
are engaged.

Long Shot. An external calling device(?) has got wet and has 'called the
exchange' and you 'appear engaged' by virtue of a low resistance circuit and
the dialing tone, (which is switched on when you pick up the receive) has
been removed.

All of the above works on DC, (at least it did) and the calling circuit is
AC (at least it was)

Love to know when you get it cleared what it was

Mike