Old 28-12-2012, 11:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default got given a greenhouse for christmas

zibafu wrote:
'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote:
;975463']zibafu wrote:-
one of the cheap ones that doesnt have panelling but uses the softer
like... plastic cloth material.

Anyhow, I was wondering, what can be grown in there veg wise, and
more specifically what can be growin in there in January since I
plan on putting it up then ?

Cheers boys and girls-

Where are you?

oh.. yeah that would help haha

Stockport/Manchester

You want to grow veges at 54 degrees north in mid winter, where the daily
temperature is about 1 to 7 Celcius and you will get 1 to 2 hours of sun
daily. My TOTH head estimate is you will not grow much of anything. If you
are intent on this select cold tolerant things like brassicas. I have no
experience of growing in such chilly places and I defer to those who do on
this. Look for a local gardening club where people who actually do this
kind of stuff can give you good information.

David