Old 27-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Registered User

Default got given a greenhouse for christmas

one of the cheap ones that doesnt have panelling but uses the softer like... plastic cloth material.

Anyhow, I was wondering, what can be grown in there veg wise, and more specifically what can be growin in there in January since I plan on putting it up then ?

Cheers boys and girls

Old 28-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] View Post
zibafu wrote:
one of the cheap ones that doesnt have panelling but uses the softer
like... plastic cloth material.

Anyhow, I was wondering, what can be grown in there veg wise, and more
specifically what can be growin in there in January since I plan on
putting it up then ?

Cheers boys and girls

Where are you?

oh.. yeah that would help haha

Stockport/Manchester
Old 28-12-2012, 11:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

zibafu wrote:
'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote:
;975463']zibafu wrote:-
one of the cheap ones that doesnt have panelling but uses the softer
like... plastic cloth material.

Anyhow, I was wondering, what can be grown in there veg wise, and
more specifically what can be growin in there in January since I
plan on putting it up then ?

Cheers boys and girls-

Where are you?

oh.. yeah that would help haha

Stockport/Manchester

You want to grow veges at 54 degrees north in mid winter, where the daily
temperature is about 1 to 7 Celcius and you will get 1 to 2 hours of sun
daily. My TOTH head estimate is you will not grow much of anything. If you
are intent on this select cold tolerant things like brassicas. I have no
experience of growing in such chilly places and I defer to those who do on
this. Look for a local gardening club where people who actually do this
kind of stuff can give you good information.

David

Old 30-12-2012, 12:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
zibafu wrote:
'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote:
;975463']zibafu wrote:-
[...]

The Brits who I know of who do garden seem to use their green houses for
starting off seedlings but they do it a lot later in the year. I seem ot
recall one mentionign that she started in March or April.