Old 31-12-2012, 05:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default My phalaenopsis got no flower again

Markjump writes:

Hi,

I bought a phalaenopsis one year ago. After the flower die, I have cut
the dying stem off. Since then It grow a lot of roots, but there was no
flower again. Can you tell me why?
I am thinking to replace the pot to a bigger one but don't know what
kind of "soil" it need. The "soil" looks not like soil, it looks like
Tree bark?

I'm new to orchids, but our first one flowered twice, then the stem died off.
About 3 months went by before we noticed the new flower stalk growing.

--
Dan Espen