Old 01-01-2013, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default Veg nutritional values

Now I am not someone who believes everything I hear, but an interesting
excerpt I heard on the Channel 5 programme about fitness facts, was that
vegetables grown and sold now (so not the ones we grow ourselves I am
assuming) are seriously less valuable nutrition wise than those grown
and eaten in the 20's
can anyone really confirm this which must be yet another really good
reason to grow your own food as much as possible, and why are they less
nutritious. They gave two examples cabbage and spinach.