Old 24-04-2003, 12:56 PM

Default Pond safety, insurance liability

Kids were always fooling around my pond when we were away in spite of
the fact that our place is posted and fenced.

We finally bought extra insurance. Just in case. It only cost a few
dollars extra a year and if worse comes to worst, it is in place.

The kids have grown a lot so don't see any sign of them around any
more, but then I did tell them that if I found any more evidence, the
sherriff would be knocking on their door.

On 21 Apr 2003 18:18:18 GMT, (GARY BEEZ) wrote:

Hi all:

I have a 18'x15'x32" deep pond in front of my house on the side of the walkway
leading to my front door. The pond/house is up on a hill about 100 feet from
the road. Is there any insurance liability I should be conserned with? Just
incase someone would fall in it. I would hate to have to put a fence around it.
The top of the pond is about 12" above grade. I put a plant shelf all the way
around it for just incase someone would fall in they could get out eazly.

Thanx
Gary