Old 11-01-2013, 04:26 PM
tomlevick tomlevick is offline
Registered User

Default Pruning an Ornimental Tree

Hi there, hopefully someone may be able to help me.

We have a tree in our front garden, only photo is recent. All we know it's possibly some sort of oriental 0rnamental tree. It is like a very large Bonsai when in full leaf. In the summer when we moved in It had small dark green rounded leaves in clumps of overhanging weeping branches.

It does look quite twisted and gnarly as it stands now.

We would like to prune back before spring, but wondered if we should now wait until the dangers of frosts have passed. We thought we needed to prune before it started to Bud.

If anyone has any idea of what this tree might be or when to prune would be most grateful for advice.

many thanks