Old 15-01-2013, 09:01 AM
tomlevick tomlevick is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David E. Ross[_2_] View Post
On 1/11/13 8:26 AM, tomlevick wrote:

Hi there, hopefully someone may be able to help me.

We have a tree in our front garden, only photo is recent. All we know
it's possibly some sort of oriental 0rnamental tree. It is like a very
large Bonsai when in full leaf. In the summer when we moved in It had
small dark green rounded leaves in clumps of overhanging weeping
branches.

It does look quite twisted and gnarly as it stands now.

[image: http://i45.tinypic.com/3329fs3.jpg]

We would like to prune back before spring, but wondered if we should now
wait until the dangers of frosts have passed. We thought we needed to
prune before it started to Bud.

If anyone has any idea of what this tree might be or when to prune
would be most grateful for advice.

many thanks

What is your climate? Do you get snow, hard freezes, or what?

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

Thank you for your replies.

We live in the UK, North of England so we get some pretty heavy frosts and snow. Just had a bout of snow.

Unlikely to be pruning back for a while, so maybe we will need to wait until march perhaps??