Old 24-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Kim

Default 1840 vegtable and herbs

In article , says...

A Google search on "seed catalogs 1840" came
up with some interesting hits.

Really? I got zip. Are you sure of your search string?

Not that you asked me, but I was interested, cut & pasted "seed catalogs
1840" into Google & got 546 hits. Not all of them were helpful, but I
may have found more useful information when I searched for "gardens
circa 1840".

Ah hah! Enclosing the 3 search words inside quotation marks this
morning yielded 1 result (oh. This thread); without the quotes, I got
535. This is a problem when quoting search terms -- too bad there
isn't a distinctive shorthand for "these three terms without quotes"
and "these three terms included in quotation marks."

Try "seed catalog" 1840 for the search. That yields 48 hits, some which are
below:

http://www.halcyon.com/tmend/sampler.htm
http://www.enscseeds.org/diversity/

Also try "heirloom vegetable" 1840 for another search.

--

Kim

"We have done so much with so little for so long that now we can do anything
with nothing." -- Dave Marcis