Old 24-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Kim

Default 1840 vegtable and herbs

In article , says...

Does anybody know what was in the vegtable and herbs garden of the
1840's? I'm putting together the garden that Franklin Pierce (our 14th
President) had in the 1840's and I 'd like to know what he might have
grown. I'm guessing it was peas and onions but does anyone know what
else? Thanks for the help.

I gave an answer further down in the thread about possible "search terms" to
use on Google, but I also found this info -

If you are interested in actually purchasing seeds or plants from that era, go
he

http://www.osv.org/Gifts/Index.html

That link is for Old Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts. In the gifts
section, select "garden" and look at the vegetable seeds that are listed for
sale. You get a short description on each one you click on.

--

Kim

"We have done so much with so little for so long that now we can do anything
with nothing." -- Dave Marcis