Old 24-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Super Thrive

One of the commercial members of my orchid newsgroup really did
a controlled
experiment with SuperThrive and found that it does work.
Iris,

Did he or she write it up in any detail?

As Andy W. (and others here) have written in their experiments
(which showed no appreciable difference in plants treated with or
without it), it is extremely difficult for a lay person to create
a truly "controlled" experiment. Merely having one group of
plants treated with it and another without it doesn't cut it.

If it has been written up -- including procedures, etc. -- I
would very much like to see it.

I KNOW that despite years of horticultural folklore, Vitamin B-1
is bad for plants. S'thive allegedly contains it (certainly
smells like it does).

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --