Old 29-01-2013, 10:10 PM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SausageTreeSlim View Post
Apologies - forgot to attach the photo - here it is as below -

Thank you for any plant ID info!
Hi STS, from the picture, I'd suggest some type of houseplant similar to Philodendron scandens. To me, i think its almost certainly suffering from being grossly overwatered !! Most foliage houseplants need to be kept on the dry side in winter when not in growth !! the result is that the roots have rotted and from the look of it, its doubtful that it will survive !! I think you only hope is to lay the pot on it side (to drain the water) and cut it back by about half, hoping that there might be a spark of life, enough to throw a new shoot (but I doubt it !!)
regards, Lannerman.