Old 28-02-2003, 03:40 AM
Dr.

Default When to start seeds?

Plant the peppers and eggplants NOW.

Will do. Got the lighting ready today, and I'm all set.

I usually
plant my tomatoes at the end of March, and by late April I think I'm way
too late. But then in mid May when it is still too cold to set them
out, the tomatoes are outgrowing their pots and I have trouble keeping
them healthy -- they really grow *fast* once they get going.

OK, I'll shoot for early/mid April on the tomatoes.

Squash, beans, and cucumbers will do just fine seeded directly in the
garden once the ground is warm.

I appreciate the info Bob, you've been very helpful. Can't wait to see (and
taste) the results, especially the Caribbean Red habanero peppers and
striped green tomatoes.

Thanks again.