Old 24-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Mike

Default Holm-oaks

We have 109 Holm-oaks with Tree Preservation Orders on them. They are
being trimmed to allow light onto a Public Path and the Park we are
developing.

Can any of the branches being cut off, trimmed somehow to small shoots
and struck?

I would love to see some more being planted. The TPO Officer did say
when she called to see us, that Holm-oaks can grow in the shade of these
huge ones and form a hedge. (At the end of the row of 109, there are
many more in a continuation, which form a hedge as the boundary of
someone's garden)

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more