Old 02-03-2013, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Birthday present

On 2013-03-02 17:08:01 +0000, Bob Hobden said:

"Sacha" wrote

Ray is very hard to buy presents for but he has a major birthday
coming up and I was stuck until I found these, made in Suffolk by
Colin Thompson. He and his wife, Kay, drove all the way here to
deliver them on Wednesday. I'm happy to say Ray really likes them!
The ones I ordered are 8' tall and the price is remarkably reasonable
for something completely handmade and delivered.
http://www.woodengardenobelisk.co.uk/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hillhou...ry/8513885628/

Colin has also made smaller ones of about 4' to put either side of a
flight of steps, just as a 'punctuation point'. I like also the new
design for sweet pea obelisks. Oh dear!!

So what is going up them?

Probably various Clematis but sweetpeas this year while we grow some
Clematis on to suit them.

On a similar note, have you seen this...

http://www.pflanzenkindergarten.de/p...d2lks8scoq0k71

As the place is in the EU they should be OK to send here.
Unfortunately I can't read German.
They also have the red one too.

The wretched Jade vine! I suspect Ray's given up on that!

If you open google they have the translate option, just click on it,
choose your languages and enter the web address and it comes out in English