Old 03-03-2013, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Birthday present

On 2013-03-03 09:12:33 +0000, Bob Hobden said:

"David Hill" wrote ...

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Sacha" wrote
snip

The wretched Jade vine! I suspect Ray's given up on that!

I think the RHS Wisley have too, not got one in their new glasshouse so
they lost their cuttings.

Plantasia in Swansea have a beauty, growing like a weed, well it was
when I last went there a couple of years ago.
http://www.swansea.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=1272

RHS Wisley were taking cuttings of all the important plants in their
old glasshouse so they could be moved to the huge new one. I had a
friend that worked there and he got them to take a cutting for Ray.
Unfortunately a junior gardener there left the glasshouse door open on
a very frosty night and you can imagine the outcome.

That was really sad. He did nurse along the cutting you gave him but
it didn't make it, unfortunately. Some years ago, we saw it growing
like a mad thing in St Kitts and were speechless with envy! It does
seem to give a lot of people a lot of trouble!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com