Old 04-03-2013, 05:05 AM
raptorvan raptorvan is offline
Registered User

Default tell me about dwarf cherry tree/ bushes

What varieties are out there...i keep seeing sugar sweet herry bushes. Ive seen them on several sites but the info isnt uniform. I have a small area in the yard that gets sun from dawn till dusk and want to plant 3 dwarf trees. From what i have gathered i need to plant these about 6'-8' apart. In odder to get fhe third one in there i will have to stagger them. So the from plant would have to be in the middle of the two bu im thinking about 4' in front. The one variety that i keep seeing is a self pollinater. Can i put blackberry or raspberry bushes in the same area? Or should i just put them in my "mostly lit" garden area?

Any real info from real experiences would be greatly appreciated. Are there better or other varieties out there?

I want black/ sweet cherries only. I am not interested in the tart. I live in michigan so tart cherries are extremely easy to get.