Old 08-03-2013, 07:01 PM
DanDanUK DanDanUK is offline
Registered User

Sorry to intrude, but what do u mean by a 5A zone ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B[_7_] View Post
What makes a long life trellis? Metal? Wood? Beams?

I live in a pretty dry climate, 5A zone.

We're putting in the garden, and I want to make a wall of trellis for
whatever we want to plant on it. I just wanted to do this once, so was
looking for long lasting suggestions.

Someone up the road from me advertised for some well drilling pipe, and
sucker rods for fences. Is that any good? I'm a retired welder, so if the
cost is okay .......?

Are creosoted railroad ties any good? We want the wall to block vision, but
also to put some grapes, berries, cukes, and other good trellis growers, and
rotate them around.

Steve