Old 08-03-2013, 10:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default New to gardening

DanDanUK wrote:
Hello, I'm new to gardening and really want to learn more, it all
started when my mum bought me some packets of seeds and said here have
ago planting them with the kids at the weekend kids get mucky and have
loads of fun doing it, so I thought yeah why not, so I bought a
propagator and we planted so
E pepper seeds, I also planted some spuds I had chittin we also
planted some radish seeds, non have broken surface yet but we only
planted the 6 days ago, tomorrow I'm making another raised bed 8 x 4
ft I'm buying some more top soil and compost to mix the compost is
miracle grow , but I would like to start off with something that's
pretty easy to grow and me and the kids will see flourish over the
forth coming months so any help tips or advice you can throw my way
would be very much apreciated many thanks regs Dan

Join the local library and read books on the subject

Join the local garden club and talk to people who know how to grow things in
your soil and climate.

Ask specific questions here and mention your locality and conditions.

David