Old 28-02-2003, 04:53 AM
Shiva

Default Don't know anything about roses; what are they worth?

skim500 wrote:

Hello,

We are building a deck in the location of the roses. We hate to
destroy them so are going to put an ad in the Pennysaver. What would
be a fair price to ask for them? We know absolutely nothing about
roses.

Hey, Skim! I like the idea of plopping some of them in pots. Roses are
easier than you think. Pots cost maybe $15 at Home Depot. Plastic is best,
and leave out the tray underneath. Dig them out, plop them in the pots,
put them in full sun, keep them watered and well drained, and you might
have gorgeous roses for your deck or to cut for your table--all summer
long and into the fall and etc. All year if you are in some places. One
nice idea is to make a list of the names on all the tags and go find
pictures of the roses. Just do a google image search. Just keep the ones
you like. You know you like roses, Skim. Or, haven't you ever grown them?
Even if you toss them at the end of the season, the pots are worth a try.
The kind you have are gorgeous and some are really fragrant.