Old 21-03-2013, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Rose Recommendation Please

On 2013-03-21 00:22:39 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

On 20/03/2013 10:13, Sacha wrote:
Take a look at the David Austin site. A Shropshire Lad seems to be a
good climber, repeat flowering and strongly perfumed. There is also
Cécile Brunner which is a beautifully shaped rose with a light fragrance
but it's not repeat flowering.

In my experience Austrin rose seem to lose 'vigour' (for want of better
word, long before roses from (for example) Beales

I haven't found that, I must say, so perhaps it depends on soil and
other conditions?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com