Old 21-03-2013, 11:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nelly W[_2_] Nelly W[_2_] is offline

Default Need help in choosing a Juicer

On 3/19/2013 11:30 AM, songbird wrote:
Steve Peek wrote:
You do realize this post is 13 YEARS OLD?

*chuckles*

besides, while juicing might be ok for some
reasons it also does not give enough of the
right fiber in the juice even from things
like apples. yes, you get fiber, but it is
all ground up and the structure that is
important for aiding the bowel functions is
destroyed by juicing.

whole foods, real foods, still the best things
to eat.

songbird

Oh well, I've seen worst posts to resurrect. I kinda felt like saying
that at the time this was posted I had bought a $30 juicer that I still
have today. The "micro-shredder" part in particular requires some
tedious & meticulous cleaning so I don't use it much anymore except when
I *must* have a screaming-fresh glass of carrot juice. (Most of the
bottled stuff I've bought in stores is at least slightly gross, except
where processed on-site; but then is still several times the cost of the
actual ingreds. Plus at home I can still use the fibrous pulp in some
other tasty dish.)
We can't ask the OP what-all they wanted to extract juice from, but when
it comes to grasses, only a wringing extractor will really work AFAIK
(but then I don't know much). The meat grinder attachment on my HD
Kitchenaid mixer works well for the purpose. I had to laugh to myself
seeing what some people charge for some medium-quality, dedicated "grass
juice extractor" which works basically (if not exactly) the same as my
mixer's grinder attachment. And for about the same $ (if not less) they
could've bought themselves a superior-quality appliance serving many
purposes and, IMOE, for pretty much a lifetime. And buying grass juice,
even in a health food store? Just absolutely forget it -- unless they
wring it up to order, right smack in front of you.

Thanks for reading.