Old 22-03-2013, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Sowing

"Broadback" wrote

Will we ever be able to sow this Spring? A good covering of snow here in
North Staffordshire, and more forecast!

No snow here (yet!) and it's only just started to rain but there is a
vicious easterly wind. Our problem is gardening on Thames clay/silt it's
just too wet and sticky to do anything with. I've done no winter digging
because of the wet soil, it would only destroy the structure, and whilst it
did start to dry out a couple of weeks ago it's back to being a heavy sponge
again. Should have our early spuds in by now, no chance.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.