Old 23-03-2013, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Watering greenhouse

"Emery Davis" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 14:35:18 +0000, aqua wrote:

I am looking at putting in some piping in greenhouse : 13mmm and 4mm
drippers etc.

I see that regarding putting 4mm spurs off 13mm pipes there seems to be
two ways of doing it. Expensive connectors: Gardena reducing joints or
the little plugs which plug in to a hole you make in the wall of 13mm
and spur off the 4mm.

I notice that there are two different sorts of those : one has barbs on
both ends, the other has barbs on one end and is threaded at the other.

So - any preferences - and what are the differences between the
barbed/threaded 4mm spurs off?

Curiously I am also looking at a sprinkler watering system, although mine
will be out doors. I'm using 16 mm hosing with these plugs:
http://www.arrosage-distribution.fr/vari-jet-180.html. The pipe will be
attached to the top of a wall with the tables next to it, hence 180
degrees.

I'd be very interested in any comments about the quality of this kit.

TIA

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy

I use http://www.lbsbuyersguide.co.uk/