Old 22-03-2013, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Watering greenhouse

I am looking at putting in some piping in greenhouse : 13mmm and 4mm drippers
etc.

I see that regarding putting 4mm spurs off 13mm pipes there seems to be two
ways of doing it. Expensive connectors: Gardena reducing joints or the little
plugs which plug in to a hole you make in the wall of 13mm and spur off the
4mm.

I notice that there are two different sorts of those : one has barbs on both
ends, the other has barbs on one end and is threaded at the other.

So - any preferences - and what are the differences between the
barbed/threaded 4mm spurs off?

Regards.
Old 22-03-2013, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 14:35:18 +0000, aqua wrote:

I am looking at putting in some piping in greenhouse : 13mmm and 4mm
drippers etc.

I see that regarding putting 4mm spurs off 13mm pipes there seems to be
two ways of doing it. Expensive connectors: Gardena reducing joints or
the little plugs which plug in to a hole you make in the wall of 13mm
and spur off the 4mm.

I notice that there are two different sorts of those : one has barbs on
both ends, the other has barbs on one end and is threaded at the other.

So - any preferences - and what are the differences between the
barbed/threaded 4mm spurs off?

Curiously I am also looking at a sprinkler watering system, although mine
will be out doors. I'm using 16 mm hosing with these plugs:
http://www.arrosage-distribution.fr/vari-jet-180.html. The pipe will be
attached to the top of a wall with the tables next to it, hence 180
degrees.

I'd be very interested in any comments about the quality of this kit.

TIA

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy
Old 23-03-2013, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I use http://www.lbsbuyersguide.co.uk/

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 23-03-2013, 09:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/03/2013 08:47, Charlie Pridham wrote:

[...]

The site Charlie has given is the trade site, their amateur site is
http://www.lbsgardenwarehouse.co.uk/...tion-DP****ER/
Old 25-03-2013, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 09:11:23 +0000, David Hill wrote:

[]
I use http://www.lbsbuyersguide.co.uk/

The site Charlie has given is the trade site, their amateur site is
http://www.lbsgardenwarehouse.co.uk/...tion-DP****ER/

Good site, thanks.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy

greenhouse watering devices Ann Lancing United Kingdom 4 14-03-2012 02:17 PM
watering solution needed Valkyrie Gardening 11 20-05-2003 03:20 PM
Can anyone recommend a good hose/watering online supplier. [email protected] United Kingdom 1 30-03-2003 02:33 AM
Watering equitants IiSpankyii Orchids 3 09-02-2003 08:55 PM
[IBC] watering in the cold Steve Wolfinger Bonsai 2 23-01-2003 03:21 PM