Old 23-03-2013, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Sowing

On Friday, 22 March 2013 16:22:47 UTC, Bob Hobden wrote:

No snow here (yet!) and it's only just started to rain but there is a

vicious easterly wind. Our problem is gardening on Thames clay/silt it's

just too wet and sticky to do anything with. I've done no winter digging

because of the wet soil, it would only destroy the structure, and whilst it

did start to dry out a couple of weeks ago it's back to being a heavy sponge

again. Should have our early spuds in by now, no chance.

--

Regards. Bob Hobden.

Our early spuds are under about 10 inches of snow and it's still coming down.
Our farmer neighbour had 3 artic loads of seed potatoes delivered from McCain, yesterday. After unloading they towed the trucks out with one of their big tractors.
Hey Ho - spring's in the air.

Rod